Zucchini Spaghetti with Pumpkin Seed Pesto
Recipe Type: Vegan
Serves: 4 to 6
Add this healthy kick to your lifestyle change!
- Pumpkin Seed Pesto
- 1 cup Pumpkin Seeds (soaked in water for at least 2 hours, and drained)
- ½ cup Olive Oil
- 2 garlic gloves (fresh, or 1 tablespoon powder)
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sweetener (raw honey/Agave)
- 1 Cup fresh basil
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- Place all Pumpkin Seed Pesto ingredients into food processor/blender and pulse chop until desired consistency.
- <bold>Raw Zucchini Spaghetti</bold>
- Large Green Zucchinis (julienned or spiral sliced)
- Cut ends off of Zucchinis and slice into spaghetti like strips. (You can also use a peeler and make strips).
- Spread spaghetti into an even layer on a paper towel lined sheet and sprinkle with sea salt – lightly. This will help to pull the water out of the spaghetti.
- Let spaghetti noodles sit for 25-35 minutes.
- Remove spaghetti from sheet place in bowl and add pesto, toss, garnish and serve. Will last 5-7 days if sealed in an air-tight container.